Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Preach the Gospel and Teach? Really?



Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered
and let them that hate Him
Flee from before His Face.
~Psalm 67
¡Viva Cristo Rey! ¡Viva la Virgen de Guadalupe!
Si vis pacem, para bellum!
Benedictus Deus in Saecula!

I never thought in a million years I would be doing what I am doing now. I never thought I would ever be defending the Holy Words of the Third Person of the Holy Trinity against those who are supposed to “Preach the Gospel and Teach” this would be the Dominican Order of Friars.

A little background first. I attended Catholic grade school and when I was in the 4th grade I had a problem with my speech and a bit of trouble reading. At that time they had a mobile trailer which was used for helping those who had problems with reading and speech. I was one of those children who attended this class. I didn’t realize that I had a problem with my speech or with reading at first, I thought I was lucky to go there and be out of regular class but shortly realized I was stupid and that is why I was there.

I came from a family whose parents didn’t graduate high school(this was not uncommon in those days) my father was very smart especially in math and my mother was in reading comprehension and now I see that they were also graced with wisdom. 

My three brothers were all very book smart. I was the only girl and it was now understood the stupid one, who struggled in school not like my two older brothers who I had to follow but also my younger brother who is probably the smartest of them all and who never actually had to study to get good grades.

I am telling you this for a reason, the reason is this, you might not be book smart that doesn’t mean you cannot grow in wisdom and be used for God's Holy Will to be done.

When my mom was diagnosed with cancer on April 6, 2015, 25 years to the day same lung, size and same spot as my father had before passing away with lung cancer on that very same day. I knew what I needed to do, I needed to get her the anointing of the sick which at first, she said she didn’t want any priest that I knew to come and hear her confession. I assured her that Father would never divulge a confession and I wouldn’t want to know her sins any way.

She didn’t agree right away but did after the cancer hit her head, she changed her mind. The tumor was behind her right ear and she became more agitated especially with me. She agreed to have the Anointing of the Sick. Father came on a Tuesday to anoint her but before he did she had a few questions for him about me. She asked him “How does she understand those things the Popes write and that Canon Law stuff and she doesn’t understand a simple question that I might ask her?” Father looked over at me sitting on the couch with tears welling up in my eyes and answered her “Mary Lou, wisdom is a gift from God.” I couldn’t have gotten a better compliment ever and realized it was nothing I had done to understand these things but that I was supposed to understand them for a greater good and that God had a plan for me that yet I didn’t know. My mother had been a part of this and God was using her to help me and she didn’t even realize it.

In August 2010, I had back surgery. The surgery its self was successful, in the pain going down my leg was gone but what I had to endure during and after the surgery was inconceivable. I lost ¾ of my blood on the table, luckily for me the Thorastic Surgeon stayed in the room this time something he usually did not do.

I won’t go into details but I know it was an angel who saved me that night. I was over dosed with heparin, a blood thinner used to keep you from getting blood clots after surgery. I was bleeding internally from the suture inside my abdomen, I didn’t realize it because I was so drugged up. The nurse came in to check my incision, she just barely moved the sheet off of me and I started to scream, the pain was terrible. I was then rushed down to have a cat-scan and found that I had an abdomen full of blood, I looked like I was 6 months pregnant.

For the next 9 months, the blood in my abdomen had to be absorbed back into my body but the worst part of all of this was the loss I felt for God in my heart. I would cry and cry at this emptiness I felt daily, not mentioning the pain but the loss I felt was much worse than the physical pain.

My mom, one Sunday after Mass picked up these two little books, which is very strange in its self because Assumption Church never had anything like this so that in its self was a miracle. She gave me these two little booklets to me and told me to read them and I did. Never realizing how much these books would help me find my way back to God but more importantly to know more intimately the Third Person of the Holy Trinity, who I have to shamefully say, I didn’t know.

After praying the Holy Spirit Novena for two weeks something that changed my life, I found that many of my thoughts were not my own. I came to grow more intimately by the grace given to me by the Holy Ghost. I gave thanks and appreciated how He quietly, without people knowing, is there guiding me/us as Jesus promised he would but we think we are doing it all alone. How prideful we humans are.

Now let’s get back to the Dominicans and how this all links together.

There is a web site that goes totally against what the Dominicans order are supposed to be doing and these four Dominican Friars are promoting these lies and are undermining the Third Person of the Holy Trinity all because they believe more in science than they do in the power of God. How can I say this, I can say this because their words on their website and their actions and words on You Tube. We are commanded by God to make judgments especially when it comes to defending the Holy Word of God, Sacred Scripture and defending Sacred Tradition.

This Saturday at St. Gertrude in Madeira there will be a talk given by one of the Dominicans from the Thomistic Evolution website and an emeritus professor of physics from the University of Cincinnati, he is also member of the parish and a lay Dominican. This talk from their Facebook page says it will be, a morning long workshop on how to accept the truths of both science and faith especially on the issue of creation.

How much do you want to bet, it is more about science and how we can "adapt" our Sacred Traditions to embrace theistic evolution. We shall soon see, more to come after the talk.

I offer all that I do, to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary any errors are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment